Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fishing Safaris - Lower Colorado River, Martinez Lake Bass Fishing



Greetings,
My name is Charles and I welcome you to Fishing Safaris, a blog that is all about bass fishing with a sprinkling of a few other popular fish. Back in the early 80s I fished Red Man and Pro AM bass tournaments in the Midwest.
 
For our division I was usually ranked year end somewhere in the top 10, occasionally in the top 5. I fish lakes when I have to, but rivers are my forte and passion, its where I excel as a bass fisherman.
 
I also had a fishing guide business called Fishing Safaris, specializing in largemouth and smallmouth bass. I was, and still am a river rat and my home waters were from pool 13 to 19 in the Mississippi river.
 
I sold my Champion tournament boat in the early 90s and have not had another boat up until a month ago.
 
While I do not have intentions of rejoining the tournament circuits, I do have a desire to blog about my adventures with my new boat, a 2013 Nitro Z-7 with a Mercury Fourstroke. I have a vacation home on the lower Colorado River and nowadays I do the vast majority of my bass fishing right there.
 
But to get the ball rolling, I think my next post should entail all of the past (and ongoing) drama I went through during the purchase and delivery phase, as well as a follow-up to that post. Which will be a brutally honest review of the 2013 Nitro Z-7 with a Mercury Fourstroke.
 
But my review is not going to be anything like the regurgitated stuff that’s already on the web, mine is going to be the real deal,  wrote from a true fisherman’s perspective (from the mouth of a river rat)and not something gleamed and redistributed from a factory press release. I plan on posting pictures of the nasty stuff, as well as listing how Outdoor World (a.k.a. Bass Pro Shops) Nitro Boats has handled the whole ordeal so far.
 
Lastly you may see that I wear a lot of Hawaiian shirts in my pictures, its because I own a company called Wave Shoppe, we design and manufacture those styles of shirts, its only fitting that I wear them while fishing. I really have no desire to look like one of those sponsored fisherman with the NASCAR look going on. So welcome aboard and feel free to ask bass boat or fishing related questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Charles


1 comment:

  1. After all your troubles Charles - I can only imagine good things are coming your way - and being on the water (by itself) truly is a wonderful place to forget all about such things... Great blog!

    ReplyDelete